33 Mills Road, STRATHFIELDSAYE
SPACIOUS CONTEMPORARY HOMESTEAD ON 25.89 ACRES - RICH FERTILE PADDOCKS MEANDERING CREEK & ONLY 8 MINUTES FROM STRATHFEILDSAYE
- If you have been searching for an idyllic country lifestyle property and a large homestead enhanced with contemporary features, rich fertile paddocks and picturesque waterways, but a few short minutes from the popular thriving township of Strathfieldsaye, this may be the perfect place for you to raise your family in the protective fold of the good life.
- It is absolutely possible that this property could embody your idea of paradise. Crowning almost 26 acres (29 with the 99 year leased land within the boundary fences) is a most thoughtfully positioned home, utilizing the lay of the land and a few clever plantings to ensure you remain oblivious of the fact there are any neighbours at all beyond the inspirational views from your rural retreat.
- On approach the sweeping driveway provides an opportunity to appreciate the manicured country garden, permanently in bloom thanks to carefully selected flora, which encompasses the home and ultimately unveils a large gracious sandstone brick residence that looks like it was always meant to be there.
- The formal front entry with leadlight panelled double doors under a full length verandah draped in wisteria and climbing rose is well and truly deserving of a pause for reflection. The less formal rear entry is an inviting and breathtaking leafy arbour.
- Upon entering the home some key factors become undeniable; with 46 squares under roof and 32.4 of living every room is spacious plus the floor plan is the most family friendly layout you may ever see.
- The hub of the home is most certainly the kitchen, it will surely delight an enthusiastic chef with great bench and storage space, a stainless steel rangehood and stove with 5 burners, a granite benchtop abuts the stove for a safe place for your hot dishes straight from the oven, dishwasher and double fridge hutch.
- Quality and elegance abounds in such features as 9' ceilings, chandeliers and French doors in perfect balance with contemporary design displayed in square cut cornice, down lights and clean angular cabinetry and fixtures.
- Three of the four bedrooms have walk in robes, two with French doors to the verandahs, the bathroom and ensuite are both well-appointed and luxurious, the large laundry doubles as a mud-room with a cloak closet and third toilet, and for harmonious family life a separate zone has third living area with its own French doors, an ideal position for a pool perhaps?
- The formal lounge is superb yet the open plan living incorporating the kitchen is where you will choose to be. Expansive windows bring the outdoors in and natural tones like ochre tiles and solid Jarrah bench-tops further enhance the sense of being in nature. An open fireplace creates a beautiful ambience and a solid fuel heater, gas space heater and ducted evaporative cooling will ensure your families comfort throughout the year, whilst ducted vacuuming makes cleaning a breeze.
- A large paved pergola provides an excellent venue for entertaining with a magnificent backdrop of gently windswept grassy paddocks across an undulating landscape with a meandering seasonal creek lined with majestic red gums perfect shelter trees for stock.
- An abundant water supply is available from the large and picturesque catchment dam along with a two large tanks for domestic use with 90,000 litres of rain water storage.
- Theres a chook shed if you like to keep yourself in fresh eggs and a large vegetable garden and small orchard provide plenty of fresh produce as well as encouraging beautiful blue wrens and other wonderful birdlife.
- If you dream of keeping livestock including horses, cattle or sheep the property is divided into three well fenced paddocks complete with electric fencing installed on the boundaries.
- Back to grid solar has been installed. Ample vehicle and machinery storage comprises a six bay Colorbond shed complete with power and light, incorporating a double lockup garage with a concrete floor and four open bays perfect for tractors, trailers or boats etc.
- Ideally situated only 8 minutes from the heart of Strathfieldsaye which can satisfy almost all of your needs with an IGA supermarket, bakery, private and public schools, medical practice, chemist, dentist, veterinary clinic, plus an array of specialty shops, great sporting facilities, and the ever popular Braidies Tavern. School bus pick up is available at the front corner. For anything else its just a quick 20 minute trip to Bendigos CBD where you can enjoy an excellent café culture and Bendigos arts and crafts. Perhaps visit nearby Lake Eppalock to go sailing, water-skiing or fishing, or take advantage of a very easy commute to the Melbourne fringe or Tullamarine airport in around 90 minutes.
Other features: Built-In Wardrobes,Fireplace(s),Garden,Secure Parking,Ducted Vacuuming
Location maps are provided by Google Maps. Elders accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information displayed