3622 Romsey Road, DARRAWEIT GUIM
Price Upon Application
Land Area 714 hectares
One of Victoria's most historic properties, a flagship 714 hectares (approximately) landholding with substantial future development upside along Melbourne's urban growth boundary.
CBRE and Elders are proud to present Glengarry Station.
Glengarry Station represents a unique opportunity to acquire an extensively developed mixed-agricultural enterprise set across approximately 714 hectares on six freehold Certificates of Title. One of the most historically significant and largest landholdings along Melbourne's Urban Growth Boundary, Glengarry Station offers an incoming purchaser the opportunity to acquire a highly productive mixed-agricultural property with substantial future development upside.
Located in Darraweit Guim, an area of historic significance and home to many of Australia's most noteworthy agricultural pioneers, Glengarry Station is approximately eight radial kilometres west of Wallan and approximately 43 radial kilometres from the Melbourne CBD.
• One of the largest individual landholdings in an area that has been earmarked for future growth in order to accommodate Greater Melbourne's expanding population.
• A prime agricultural scale asset offering an array of potential development opportunities, including subdivision, equine operations, tourism, leisure and hospitality, amongst other pursuits.
• Close to the Melbourne CBD (approximately 50 minutes) and Tullamarine Airport (approximately 30 minutes) as well as the Hume Freeway, Glengarry Station also benefits from excellent amenities and infrastructure, including extensive frontage to Romsey Wallan Road and Bolinda Darraweit Road.
• A highly productive mixed farming operation renowned for cattle and sheep breeding/fattening, in addition to approximately 320 hectares utilised for cereal and oilseed production.
• Outstanding structural improvements, including the Marcus Barlow designed Glengarry Station Homestead featuring three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a study and outstanding manicured gardens designed by Hugh Linaker.
• Further structural improvements include the renovated three bedroom Old Glengarry Station Homestead, worker's cottage, workshop, vehicle shed, 300* head capacity cattle yards, a four stand raised board shearing shed and 5,000 (approximately) head sheep yards.
• Extensively improved pastures, well balanced soil profiles and climatic conditions (average annual rainfall of approximately 680 millimetres), outstanding fertiliser history, high quality fencing infrastructure and a laneway system providing ease of access.
• Water is supplied via the Deep Creek which supplies a 40 megalitre (approximately) dam which then reticulates to numerous dams and troughs located in each paddock, providing year round water security.
Contact agents in Conjunction: Elders Real Estate Melbourne, Nick Myer 0427 610 278, Ron Rutledge 0418 483 976.
CBRE Melbourne, Duncan McCulloch 0416 047 484, James Beer 0416 859 565.
|Land Use:||Grazing, Cropping, Mixed Farming|
Location maps are provided by Google Maps. Elders accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information displayed