"The Tardis" YeppoonThe streetscape of this pretty 1950's beach cottage conceals the architect-designed extension, which morphs into a huge tropical lifestyle idyll.
With more than 3/4 acres in the coastal growth town of Yeppoon, and easy walking/cycling access to beaches, shops, cafes, new waterparks and schools, this property is a rare find - and reluctant sale by owners of 25 years.
The original one-bedroom construction has been transformed into an open-plan living area. The timber-framed windows, polished timber floors and magnificent leadlight provide a connection to the original period. The new granite-topped kitchen with Bosch dishwasher, gas/electric oven, rangehood, new lighting, walk-in pantry and new air-conditioner add modern comforts and an elegant ease of future living.
The large 3 bedroom cathedral extension is connected via a covered walkway with courtyards either side providing peaceful privacy. All bedrooms have verandahs, are very generous in size and have filtered garden and courtyard views. The master bedroom with ensuite and walk-through robe has direct access to a courtyard and a beach themed feature wall. The two other adjacent bedrooms are mirror imaged - each containing a large study nook and built-in cupboards. All bedrooms promote louvred ventilation, as well as air conditioners for those balmy Summer nights. The separating breezeway between the bedrooms is another living area where family and friends gather in a relaxed atmosphere created by the sheltered views of nearby water feature and established gardens. The numerous courtyards are easily transformed to an entertainers paradise at night with the surrounding energy efficient spotlights creating a tropical fairyland.
The utilitarian shed conceptually divides the property, with an expansive backyard beyond. The bespoke raised garden beds provide organic herbs and veggies for the kitchen, as well as edible flowers for a local cafe. A 5000L rainwater tank with pump feeds the watering system. Tropical native fruit and nut trees and small rainforest area are also well established, with an easily maintained open lawn. (Ride-on negotiable!) The birdlife is prolific, diverse and awesome.
The Tardis has already seen lots of adventures over Time (And Relative Dimensions In Space), and is geared for the next exciting future.
Investment? B&B?? Family resort??? Retirement base???? You be the doctor!!
Original 1 bedroom cottage constructed in 1957. Current owners purchased in Summer of 1991-92. Shed/pottery room constructed 1992.
As family grew, the cottage became too small. Owners loved the block and its position (easy walking/cycling access to town, beach, schools with connecting bike pathway outside front gate) and also loved the neighbourhood, they decided to extend circa 1998.
1. Over 3/4 of an acre in town with easy walking and cycling access to beaches, shops and nearby schools
2. Architect-designed extension
3. 3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 car
4. Master Builder constructed extension
5. Cycle pathway and footpath directly outside front gate
6. Service road for ease of access
7. Huge back yard with exciting potential for further development
8. Established gardens including tropical fruit trees, raised vegetable gardens and edible flower gardens (supporting local cafe)
9. 5000 litre tank with pump - used for gardens
10. Landscaped courtyards/entertaining areas
11. Architect (Anthony Bowman) designed extension with focus on
a. Connection to environment
b. Living suited to the tropics - with wide interconnecting verandahs and breezeway
c. Multiple courtyards for entertaining and privacy
d. Natural feel with open spaces and open-plan living
12. Light-filled generous bedrooms incorporating built-ins and study boxes, yet privacy considered
13. Large master bedroom with ensuite and walk-through robe and direct access to courtyard
14. The property (excluding the garage/pottery shed) has a massive 287 sq metres under roof. The unique design provides numerous options for flexible living spaces
15. Magnificent leadlight in main living area
16. Open plan living area separated from bedrooms by courtyard
17. New granite-bench kitchen
18. Walk in pantry
19. Bosch dishwasher
20. Flow through ventilation, and air-conditioned throughout
21. Solar hot water system
22. New lighting throughout living area
23. Two new air con systems
24. Bird life is amazing
- Property Type: House
- Bedrooms: 3
- Bathrooms: 2
- Toilets: 2
- Garage Spaces: 1
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
Can I afford this property?
With access to the best on offer from 30 lenders and complete support and advice from pre-approval to settlement, you can trust an Elders Home Loans broker to find a quick and simple solution.Get a Quote