Renowned cattle country with opportunity farming on the Macquarie River flood plain - 2119.8ha (5,238ac)Bennetts is located north west of Quambone on the Macquarie River flood plain, adjoining the Macquarie Marshes Nature Reserve which is one of the largest inland semi-permanent wetlands in south eastern Australia.
Mainly open alluvial grey loams and heavy grey clay loams. Natural grazing, heavy livestock carrying country in season and following floods. Watered by bore water, river water and dams along with overland flows. Approximately 1,620ha has been farmed in the past.
A great opportunity to secure renowned cattle country with opportunity farming.
For sale by Expressions of Interest, contact the selling agent Richard Gemmell for further details.
- Land Area: 2,120hect (approx)
- Description of Country: Level open Macquarie River flood plain country with scattered shade timber of mainly Coolabah, Blackbox and Myall. Soils comprise predominantly alluvial grey loams and heavy grey clay loams. Natural grazing grasses and herbage throughout summer and winter including Mitchell, Windmill and Blue grass, clovers, medics and lignum. Approximately 1,620ha (4,000ac)* has been farmed in the past.
- Improvements: 1 x 40 tonne capacity cone base silo
- Fencing: Boundary and internal fences are mainly plain wire with 1 or 2 barb on iron and wooden posts. Subdivided into 4 main paddocks and 1 holding paddock.
- Number of Paddocks: 4
- Mixed Farming
- Water Supplies: Dams, Bores, River
- Comments: Stock water is provided by a number of sources. A shared equipped bore originating from "Pillicawarina" supplies 2 troughs. The Macquarie river by-pass channel with S and D entitlement from the Marshes via 63mm poly pipe can service the 3 large dams. Double frontage to the Long Plain Cowal, when flowing, water is channeled to the 3 dams as well as providing beneficial overland flooding. Dusty Creek also meanders through the property.
- Schools: Primary, Secondary
- Type: Freehold
- Possession: Vacant Possession
- Shire/District Council: Coonamble Shire Council
- Rates: $4,614 shire rates*
- Types: Approximately 1,620ha (4,000ac)* has been farmed in the past.
- Additional comments: Generally carries 200 to 250 cows and calves. Numbers increase considerably in season and after beneficial floodout.
Service & Facilities
- Roads to property: Both shire and private roads via Sandy Camp road lead to the property.