'Genaren' Narromine/Peak Hill - 6,425ha 15,877acBeef Cattle, Sheep, Wool, Mixed Farming
Operated as a dedicated and highly successful grazing enterprise focusing on cattle breeding and finishing, previously run as a merino sheep and wool enterprise. Large areas of open country and strategic development makes the property also well suited to farming.
Rarely does a property of this calibre and scale present to the market offering the diversity of livestock and mixed farming production.
Very realistic vendors asking $10,000,000
Selling agent: Richard Gemmell 0428 164672
About the HomesteadThe homestead presents in excellent condition with both formal and informal rooms. Consists of 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, hallway, family, lounge room, sun room, office and storeroom. Fully maintained, major renovations since 2005. Outbuildings include a new laundry complex with shower, coolroom and seperate storage.
- Land Area: 6,425hect (approx)
- Views: Rural
- Description of Country: Mostly level to gently undulating, majority open grazing with scattered shade timber, a small range runs north-south of approx 728ha. Red/brown soils, medium cracking clays with moisture storing capabilities providing prolific pasture growth year round in season.
- Improvements: 2 sets of cattle yards, new machinery shed, storage sheds, silos, hay shed, shearers/workman quarters, 3 shearing sheds requiring some repair work.
- Fencing: Fenced into 50* main paddocks, plain and barbed wire, hinge joint and netting on a mix of steel and wooden posts. Some has been renewed and upgraded with some older fencing remaining.
- Number of Paddocks: 50
- Mixed Farming
- Water Supplies: Tanks, Dams, Creeks
- Comments: 6km* mostly double frontage to the semi-permanent Genaren Creek plus several smaller creeks traverse the the property. Four stock and domestic bores (not equipped), mains power located at one bore. There are 58* dams across the property including 1 x 60,000 cu.m, 1 x 30,000 cu.m, 4 x 8,000 cu.m. A floodplain runs into the main dams and can provide beneficial flooding to approx 162ha*.
- Air service: Daily
- Mail service: Severalweekly
- Schools: Primary, Primary Bus, Secondary, Secondary Bus
- Type: Freehold
- Possession: Vacant Possession
- Shire/District Council: Parkes Shire Council
- Rates: Shire Rates: $33,145*. LLS: $6,650*
- Approx 2,600ha has been farmed in the past. Owners consider a further 3,005ha has potential to be farmed.
- Construction: Weatherboard
- Others carried: Currently carrying 500 cows plus progeny*
- Additional comments: 1 DSE: acre. Owners run conservative numbers not exceeding 70% of capacity.
Service & Facilities
- General comments: Single phase power, telephone - land line, mobile coverage*, satellite internet. Mail Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
- Roads to property: Mostly bitumen with some gravel on the Curra Lane.