21 Twyford Street, HARCOURT
Selling Now $880,000 - $965,000
LARGE CRAFTSMAN BUILT CAPE COD STYLE HOME ON 5 ACRES (APPROX) WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS OVER MOUNT ALEXANDER AND SURROUNDING RANGES
- Depicting grandeur perfectly, this captivating lifestyle property will indulge your senses with its unparalleled beauty, size and style. Ideally oriented in an elevated and prominent position, this stunning Cape Cod style home boasts the most amazing views over Mount Alexander and surrounding ranges.
- The luxurious two-storey home is a whopping 60 squares under roof and 45 squares of living with earthy natural features such as timber lined Cathedral ceilings, exposed Oregon beams, stone feature walls, and a custom made red gum kitchen. For that touch of class the home is elegantly finished with beautiful period style light fittings, dormer windows with stained glass lead-lighting along with timber Colonial windows and French doors framing the splendid views and allowing an abundance of natural light into the home.
- An expansive open plan living space, with a free standing wood heater, incorporates lounge, dining and kitchen. You will be looking for excuses to spend more time in the stunning custom built kitchen. Cleverly designed and aesthetically pleasing with rustic Red Gum benches, a gorgeous custom made timber range hood and swing out pantry, a proliferation of drawers (to save your knees and time) with framed mini orb or lead light cabinetry and re-purposed railway spike handles, stainless steel Fisher and Paykel dishwasher, a massive bay window where the ceramic dual sink is inset, with views directly across to Mount Alexander, plus a 900mm enamel finish Belling range cooker with 5 burner gas cooktop and multi-cavity electric ovens.
- Accommodation is more than generously provided for. If you've ever gone looking, you will immediately understand the rarity of six bedrooms. Not only is a large family, or an avid entertainers guest list catered for in comfort within the home, but a free standing two bedroom cottage style guest house provides independent living besides. Properties with such outstanding potential for a Bed & Breakfast venture are a true scarcity.
- Upstairs is a bathroom with a corner spa, marble top vanity, separate shower, toilet, skylight, heritage brass fittings and Baltic pine flooring. Also a lounge, and four bedrooms, each with ceiling fans, 3 with walk-in-robes, 2 with skylights and reverse cycle split systems, the main with a study nook and stairs down to the double garage.
- The other two bedrooms, both with built-in-robes, are on the ground floor together with the second bathroom with a claw foot tub, heritage toilet, custom twin basin vanity with granite top, and separate shower.
- To entertain your family and friends in style, adjoining the full length rear verandah with decking, is a crazy paved alfresco area with a stone retaining wall and pizza oven, plus a heated, salt chlorinated pool with decking and a pool house with a toilet and basin.
- The property is accessed through custom built heritage gates to a circular driveway with a large cast iron water fountain as a centrepiece. Encompassing this, and the home, are low maintenance well established native gardens, fruit trees, grape vines, and lush lawns, bordered by blue-stone look retaining walls.
- The land is slightly undulating, well fenced, and suitable for a pony or alpacas etc. Water is in abundant supply with 4 large rain water tanks totaling 115,000 litres.
- Extensive shedding is comprised of an oversized double lockup garage with remote roller doors, internal access, storage area and stairs leading upstairs. A 12x6m garage with 2 roller doors, concrete floor light and power, and a large Colorbond 14x14m workshop/garage, with industrial shelving well suited to storing machinery, caravan, boat, horse float etc.
- This serene property offering the best in clean country living is unexpectedly and ideally situated within easy walking distance to the Harcourt Township with primary school, kinder garden, pool, general store and service station. Bring your guests on a tour of the highly regarded local wineries and cideries. Located Only 8 minutes from the historic township of Castlemaine or just 20 minutes from the major regional city of Bendigo. Commuting to Tullamarine Airport or the Melbourne fringe is a breeze in just over an hour by car or relax and catch the train into Southern Cross Station in the city.
Other features: Built-In Wardrobes,Close to Schools,Close to Shops,Garden,Secure Parking
Location maps are provided by Google Maps. Elders accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information displayed