120 Red Tank Road, STRATHFIELDSAYE
ARCHITECTURALLY DESIGNED MUD BRICK HOME ON 11.72 ACRES ONLY 2.5KMS FROM THE HEART OF STRATHFIELDSAYE
- It's no surprise that you will feel completely at one with nature in this light filled inspirational mud brick home. What is surprising is that you are so close to the heart of Strathfieldsaye that you can take for granted all the convenience and amenities of this popular thriving satellite suburb of Bendigo.
- Imagine for a second a peaceful treed setting with native birds and wildlife for company, and a home in harmony with its natural surroundings. The kind of home that feels safe and secure from the outside world, where you are enveloped in tranquility. This was obviously the main focus in the design of this home.
- The earthy style is evident throughout with exposed mud bricks, pine lining boards and Oregon beams forming vaulted ceilings, rustic hardwood posts both inside and out, plus cedar doors and windows with gothic cast iron handles and hinges to charm you.
- Brightening and offsetting the natural tones are large picture windows, clerestory windows running the full length of the roof and an absolutely delightful stained glass panel so rainbows of coloured light can dance through your home.
- Equally important in the design of this home is a harmonious family life catered for with three good sized bedrooms each with built-in-robes, one with a built in desk and the main with a three piece ensuite, a separate bathroom and toilet services the other two bedrooms.
- A large lounge features a beautiful red brick chimney and open fire place with a firewood hutch, where red gum slabs form a mantelpiece. A second living area has its own free standing slow combustion stove and offers an ideal kid zone. The open plan kitchen / dining area has amazing red gum benches, a built-in-pantry and a breakfast bar.
- This area has lovely views of the wide verandahs which encompasses the home and provide excellent alfresco entertaining with a built-in-barbecue, beyond which is a picturesque dam with a jetty.
- A very pretty low maintenance garden features a stone retaining wall, a chook house in case you like fresh eggs, and plenty of space to create a herb and vegetable garden and grow some fruit trees for the best fresh produce you ever tasted.
- Your water needs are met through three large concrete tanks with a combined approximate storage space of 135,000 litres for rain water, as well as a second dam. The property comes with a 3.1 megalitre water licence providing the opportunity to access the Coliban system.
- A tandem carport provides two car spaces under the roofline while a 40' X 20' garage / workshop with concrete floor, excellent lighting, power and work benches provides one further undercover parking space.
- Ideally situated on a sealed road on the Strathfieldsaye / Emu Creek border only 2.5 kilometres from highly regarded Strathfieldsaye which now has all you could want including an IGA super market, bakery, private and public schools, medical practice, chemist, dentist, veterinary clinic, plus an array of speciality shops, great sporting facilities and the ever popular Braidie's Tavern. If you should want for anything more it's just a short 15 minute trip to Bendigo's CBD, 30 minutes to Castlemaine, and a very easy commute to the Melbourne fringe in around 90 minutes.
- Call today to arrange an inspection of this beautiful property!
Other features: Built-In Wardrobes,Fireplace(s),Formal Lounge,Separate Dining
Location maps are provided by Google Maps. Elders accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information displayed