One of Southern Australias Most Notable Rural Holdings (Circa 1867) - 1,771.1HA* / 4,376 AC*Aberfeldy is located 16 km* north of Holbrook, 80 km* north east of Albury/Wodonga with frontage to Hume Highway in a secure 27-28" (675-700 mm) rainfall district.
The property features;
• A classic 50 sq Federation style homestead (circa 1926) plus a 3 bedroom staff residence.
• Working improvements include original 1900's 14 stand woolshed (now 6 stand electric) plus second woolshed, 2 sets of sheep yards (incl new large Prattley yards), 2 sets of cattle yards, 4 machinery sheds, 4 hay sheds and 11 silos.
• Carrying capacity - 10,000 composite ewes*, or 1,000 plus breeding cows*, plus crop and fodder production.
• 9 km double frontage to the Billabong Creek, 3 equipped S&D Bores, 19 surface dams, fully reticulated trough system and a 195 megalitre irrigation entitlement.
• Extensive laneway systems, excellent fencing and established shelterbelts throughout.
• High performance perennial pastures/lucerne, strong lime and fertiliser history.
• Outstanding balance of productive and versatile soil profiles ranging from rich alluvial creek loams, to soft red loam undulation (90% arable*).
This is an exceptional rural holding, ideally suited to prime lambs, wool, beef and crop production.
Information Memorandum available upon request
Aberfeldy is also available on a 'walk in, walk out' basis, including livestock, plant and equipment, feed on hand and consumables and is being offered for sale by Expressions Of Interest closing Thursday 11th July, 4pm (AEST) at Elders Albury - 297 Schubach Street.
For more information contact David Gittoes 0409 362 722, Reg Coulston 0418 118 207 or Nick Myer 0427 610 278
* denotes approximate
About the HomesteadDouble Brick Federation Style Homestead
- Land Area: 4,376acre
- Views: 360
- Air Conditioning
- Description of Country: Alluvial Billabong Creek Flats to red loam undulation
- Improvements: refer to website
- Other Improvements: Machinery Shed, Workshop, Silos, Managers Accommodation, Shearing Shed
- Fencing: Very good condition
- Number of Paddocks: 80
- Mixed Farming
- Pastoral Stations
- Water Supplies: Tanks, Springs, Dams, Well, Bores, Creeks
- Comments: Exceptional Water Infrastructure
- Air service: Daily
- Mail service: Severalweekly
- Schools: Primary, Primary Bus, Secondary, Secondary Bus, Tertiary
- Type: Freehold
- Shire/District Council: Greater Hume
- Rates: $24,500
- Types: Principally Canola (grazing)
- Pastures: Lucerne plus perennial pastures and clover
- Livestock carried: Sheep, Cattle
Service & Facilities
- Roads to property: Fronting Hume Freeway